Buying doesn’t have to be a carnival show, do your research.
What are the drawbacks of buying a mattress in store?
- If you saw the video at the end of our last blog (which is hilarious) you can see why buying in a storefront can be difficult.
- You may have to deal with some or all of these issues if you buy in a store:
- Greedy salesmen that get commission off of how much they charge you on your mattress
- Made up advertising names that are meant to confuse you and trick you into buying
- There’s no way to see what other buyers have said about the mattress, so you can’t compare
- You are only limited to what’s actually in that store, so if you don’t like anything-too bad
- Laying on mattresses that hundreds or more have laid on before you, yuck!
What are the positives of buying a mattress online?
- You can compare almost every mattress online and see what others say about them.
- There’s no harassing salesman to deal with, you can sit on your couch in your underwear shopping for the perfect mattress.
- Instead of fake advertising names, you can see what’s actually in the mattress. No more trickery mattress men.
- In most cases, online mattress companies offer a sleep trial so you can actually try out the mattress.
Is there anything bad to look out for when buying a mattress online?
- BE AWARE! The shorter the sleep trial or if there isn’t one offered at all, be careful. These mattresses are not meant to last.
- A mattress is only as good as its warranty. The longer the warranty, the better.
- Foam beds are the new fab online because it’s so cheap to ship them, but if you are looking for something that gives you quality support overtime-don’t buy one. They aren’t made to last.